[aprssig] HAMFESTS and APRS

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Apr 11 21:37:42 EDT 2008

Rick N8BJX wrote...

> What is this MILEMARK database you mention? What APRS clients
> support it? What is its format - a map overlay with a transparent
> background? A file of objects that can be streamed into a client
> program?

It is supported in UI-View with the PMapServer 7 add-on... e.g.
MAP - FIND, select MILE MARKER and search for WA,5,100
to search Washington state, interstate 5, mile 100, or search for
OR,5,0 for Oregon. PMapServer then draws a line across the
screen that intersects the highway in question. I'm sure it will be
implemented differently by other APRS clients.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH