[aprssig] Cornell, Ithica, NY, Swarthmore, PA?

Amir Findling K9CHP sarlabs at twcny.rr.com
Wed Apr 9 14:40:39 EDT 2008

Hi Bob:

The two repeaters I know are working in Ithaca NY are the 146.610-
(107.5) and the 146.895- (103.5)
I do monitor APRS in my truck but much less so at home. I'll try to
remember to use my D7 in APRS mode in the house. I don't think I can
ever hit these repeaters with an HT as topography is not favorable, but
I can connect it to my base antenna and 5w can go a long way like that
and this is the only way my APRS signal makes it out anyhow (unless from
the truck). I'm located NE of Otisco Lake and you are going to be SE of
Cayuga Lake and Skaneateles Lake is between the two and us also and that
means lots of hills. I'm on a high spot though so I have a little
advantage there.
For more repeater information check this out:
http://k5ehx.net/repeaters/qrepeater.php?coverage=0&clat=42.444586&clong=-76.499259
<http://k5ehx.net/repeaters/qrepeater.php?coverage=0&clat=42.444586&clong=-76.499259>

So now I understand why you are coming up this way. Ithaca is gorges as
say the bumper stickers!

    * 73 de K9CHP Amir Findling, Member ARRL, WAC
    * www.K9CHP.net <http://www.k9chp.net>
    * Senior K9 Handler, Cayuga County Highland SAR
    * K9 Certification Tester, NYS Federation of SAR Teams
    * 1st Special Response Group (1SRG)