[aprssig] DGPS?

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 13:06:49 EDT 2008

   Of course.  Sorry if I was vague, but I thought it was obvious in referring
to a stationary posit.
   Going back and refreshing my knowledge from some DGPS sites, I see this is
was a dumb question and averaging is obviously invalid.  DGPS applies measured
corrections correcting the location error inherent in the basic GPS system.
Too bad the DGPS data stream is so complex or it would be easier to tap into
the data for an average hacker without one of the DGPS receivers.
   I suspect averaging only minimizes the error to the location which is
defined by the limit of the basic system accuracy.  DGPS would be needed to get
to the" true" location.

--- Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Steve Noskowicz <noskosteve at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >  Possibly related - can't you just do a long term average of the posits to
> >  improve accuracy?
>
> I don't think that technique is too effective when you're moving...
>
> (:
>
> -Jason
> kg4wsv

73, Steve, K9DCI