[aprssig] Yaesu FT-2600M on Packet

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 5 11:04:20 EDT 2008

Matthew Stennett wrote:
> Where does one get a CORRECTLY FIT Mic connector to plug into the FT-2600M ?  Is there some type of premade patch cord, that you can simply cut one end off of, and solder a 5 pin DIN onto it ?
>
> I want to wire one of these puppies up to run Packet/APRS.

1)   The front panel MIC jack is a standard 6-contact telephone modular
connector available in many places including Radio Shack and Home Depot.

2)   For packet/APRS use,  use the 6-pin mini-DIN "packet/data" jack on
the rear panel.  This connector provides FIXED level receive audio (i.e.
unaffected by the RX volume control), TX audio,  PTT keying AND RX
squelch-open indication.   Just buy a PS/2 mouse/keyboard extension cord
from any computer or electronic supply place.  Cut the cable in half and
use the piece with the male plug to build your radio/TNC cable.

Full details on this connector and it's pinout are on my website at:

     <http://wa8lmf.net/miscinfo>

Scroll down the list of documents on this page and look for the file
"MiniDIN6-Packet.pdf" .

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map