[aprssig] Loopback 127.0.0.1

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:12:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Andrew Rich <vk4tec at people.net.au> wrote:
> Ta,
>
>  What I am trying to get my head around is how to get a whole lot of sources
>  feed to a common point, and then feed to a lot of listeners.

for connection oriented (e.g. TCP) sockets, you'll have a discrete
socket (socket = combination of src IP + src port + dest IP + dest
port)  for each connection that must be serviced.  A common way to
handle that is to have a daemon running that listens for new
connections and spawns a child process or thread to service each
connection.

-Jason
kg4wsv