[aprssig] APRS QSO frequency

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Sep 30 19:55:59 EDT 2007

>> Yes, that is why Voice Alert is a perfect
>> "radar proximity detector" for any other
>> APRS user in simplex range...
>
> ... if digi operators are perfect. One of my
> neighbor W1 digi works with PL100, so every
> repeated packet comes out with the tone.

Very sorry to hear this.  This is indeed a mistake that must be corrected.  Surely he is not aware he is doing this?  I hope he would welcome your pointing it out to him.

But it is a very easy mistake to make if someone is using their mobile D700 as a sometimes W11 digi.  This is why I am very leary of using D700's as digis except under SPECIAL EVENT circumstances.

This mistake is runining APRS Voice Alert in that area...

thanks
and good luck

Bob, WB4APR