[aprssig] D710 standalone control head!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Sep 30 19:44:49 EDT 2007

>> kenwood announced... the new D710 control head
>> will be sold separately too, since it can be
>> used for APRS with any other kenwood radio,
>> not just the D710.
>
> 9600 or just 1200?    If 9600, does it
> use the standard mini-din data plug?

I donno.  But it looks like it is made for plug-and-play with any other kenwood radios that have the "data" jack.  I think it includes the mini-din "data" cable that plugs into most modern Kenwood radios that gives access directly to the modulators and demodulators.

That would be needed to operate 9600 baud, I guess.

Bob, WB4APR