[aprssig] APRS Local Repeater Info

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 26 11:38:43 EDT 2007

> In Dublin (Ireland) we have one digi operating (at the
> moment) versus 3-4 ... 2m and 70cm voice repeaters,
> 70% of which are within coverage of the digi.
>
> So, if there are 2-3 voice repeaters (2m, and 70cm)
> within coverage of the digi, its suggested to beacon
> them?

The intent is to beacon the best receommended repeater for a
visitor to make local contact.  These packets are local direct.
But if there is not that much local QRM on the APRS channel, and
it is hard to choose one, then you can advertise more than one
by using different digipeaters.

We use KPC-3+ TNC's over here so there is only one BEACON
possible per digi.  That is why we receompend putting in the
best one and leave it at that.

Bob, Wb4APR