[aprssig] APRS buoy - transmit power and antenna?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Sep 26 11:26:03 EDT 2007

> Did anything happen with your APRS buoy?

It never left the pier.  Was not ready for prime time and then
the end of semester came..  Hope to build one this fall.

> > it sounds pretty unlikely that I'll receive
> > many packets from such a buoy, especially if
> > it's far from shore.

Tropo around here is amazing.  We have no problem in the
chesapeak bay, since land is always line of sight.  But for the
great lakes, do they have tropo up there?  A good beam I bet
could bring in the packets I bet...

Bob, WB4APR