[aprssig] UI-View, Tiny2 TNC and collisions!

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 26 06:33:53 EDT 2007

Hi Everybody,
Just an update on my question.
I posted to the Australian APRS email list as well as here and Ray,
VK2TV hinted to what might be causing my problem.
It's turned out to be the implementation of KISS in my Paccomm Tiny2's
firmware!
I tried an EPROM out of a Paccomm EWM (this is a cut back Tiny2 style
TNC used for commercial applications) and this worked fine, the TNC will
not transmit over another station until the channel is clear. I also
tried firmware from a MFJ1270 and this also works fine.
Problem solved, I'm happy. I hope this can help others in the future.
Regards,
Michael.
VK5ZEA