[aprssig] Re: D-STAR video on YouTube

Danny Messano danny at messano.net
Mon Sep 24 04:44:11 EDT 2007

Your comments are nothing but argumentative at best.  You're borderline
fabricating things I have said and now I am backpeddling... about what?
Last time I checked, you were the one that had me slamming corporations as
has never having done anything good, and lawyers being evil.  If there was
any coloring being done, it was on that end.

If you don't think the D-STAR system is "lawyer-protected", then go ahead
and create a version of AMBE as your own and see if they don't come
knocking.  I seriously doubt their codec will be released into the public
domain anytime soon, because last time I checked, they are a business and
are trying to *make money* from it.  Of course, with that, I am sure you'll
accuse me of attacking the free enterprise system, right?

Most of the technology used IN a ham *radio* today IS well outside the
ability of an individual to replicate.  What is used on the air IS NOT.
You're missing the point, greatly.

dm