[aprssig] APRS Local Repeater Info

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Sep 22 14:35:32 EDT 2007

Ron K0QVF wrote...

> I have a little problem with "EVERY APRS digipeater to announce
> its local voice repeater frequency". In some cases the "local" repeater
> is miles away.

Good point, and Bob can speak for himself, but I'm sure that what he really
meant was that for every "high level" WIDEn-N digi to generate a beacon an
object for the local voice repeater... with some disclaimers. Where there
are many WIDEn-N digis, it should really be the one that has coverage the
closest to that of the repeater that should be generating the object. It
does of course go out every 10 minutes with no path.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH