[aprssig] RTrak: APRS All-In-One Tracker Sneak Peak

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sat Sep 22 13:22:00 EDT 2007

I don't want to restart this debate, but I'll point out that it's very
useful for situations where you're using timeslotting, or for balloons
that won't ever get an open channel anyway.

A customer just sent me a screenshot of a racetrack with several
OpenTracker-equipped vehicles being tracked at intervals of a few
seconds using timeslotting.  None of them have any need to listen to the
channel, and there are absolutely no collisions.  None of the packet
kind, anyway - the other kind depends on the drivers!

Scott
N1VG