[aprssig] New APRS Ideas back on Tpc

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Sep 21 14:34:11 EDT 2007

> This is good:
>> it would SPEAK  ...  Just phase delay any audio
>> by the amount needed for the virtual position.
>
> But,I was thinking more like:
>  "WB4APR-VAN-two o'clock, three miles,
> closing as 45 m p h relative."

Yes, a possible option for many applications.  But I was
thinking more along the lines of just a very briefest possible
aural cue as to what just came in.  Not another irritation
talking computer...

> Just speaking, with clarity, the bearing, speed,
> direction info on the D700 display would be better
> than a bleepin'  beep.

Yes for an aid to the blind APRS operator, but far to intrusive
for normal use as the originally intended aural cue.

> That being said, there is something to be said about
> information overload.

Absolutely....

Thanks
Bob WB4APR