[aprssig] an off-topic query about statistical analysis in digital modes

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Sep 20 16:16:14 EDT 2007

http://www.tapr.org/pub_wdcdat.html

Wireless Digital Communications: Design and Theory, by Tom McDermott, N5EG.

I'm sure there are plenty of other good texts out there, but this one
covers a lot of ground that's of particular interest to hams.

Also see the Wikipedia articles for convolutional code, viterbi decoder,
  and Hamming distance.  They have some good information and plenty of