[aprssig] Bob Not Using His Own Advice?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Thu Sep 20 10:45:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Joseph M. Durnal wrote:

> 3 packets :) the one we saw yesterday + these two:
>
> WB4APR-9>S8UYLZ,RELAY,KV3B-2*,WIDE2-1,qAo,N8YSZ-4:'h9l K\]147.075MHz
> & v-Alert=
>
> WB4APR-9>S9PPLZ,RELAY,WIDE2-2,qAS,N3HU:'iXl K\]147.075MHz & v-Alert=
>
> Any idea where these RELAY stations are?

   I don't see the asterisk which would indicate that the packet was
actually digi'd by a RELAY, so it may not exist....
   In the first packet, why does the second hop show as digi'd, without the
first one also???
   Since the packets made it to an igate to be archived, was the RELAY even
necessary?  (I know the answer to this one - APRS is an RF network, and an
igate isn't the ultimate destination for all packets!)

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin