[aprssig] I-55 Perryville - Cape

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 19:57:10 EDT 2007

Richard N. Piper IV wrote:
> I have the volume on the radio truned all the way off. I am no ussing
> CCTS 100.0 and I also have squelch set as "tight' as it will go. The
> Unprotocol for the radio is set to APK101. Packet speed is 12000bps.
> Status TX rate is 1/1. Speaker is set to Mode 1. DCD sence is set to
> "A" and "B" bands (Not sure what this is and if it should be on Data
> RX band) I am using WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 as the Packet path. Any ideas or
> things that might need to be change would be helpfull.

1)     The squelch setting is IRRELEVENT to packet receive.

2)     The CTCSS settingis IRRELEVENT to packet receive.

3)     Turning the volume all the way down will prevent you from hearing
ANY audio, including the "heard my own callsign from somewhere else" beeps.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps