[aprssig] Lubbock Paths?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Sep 17 13:22:23 EDT 2007

> >Looking at FINDU centered on Lubbock, It
> >appears that Lubbock has an excellent set
> >of digis and they appear to be properly configured
> >For New-N.
> >
> >http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=KC5ZRQ-10
> >
> >...So, it looks like there is no problem at all.
>
>          Not quite!
> ...the digis that you see near Lubbock --
> W5LBB-6 and W5LBB-4 -- are both on UHF,
> according to their beacons.

I wasn't sure.  I interpreted those digi beacons as an
advertisement for the Winlink node on 446.15.  But then it does
not make sense to use the DIGI symbol.  There is a Winlink
symbol that should  be used in stead.  As used, the DIGI's text
is confusing.

They should use the format of the local-info FREQUENCY packet
for such an object I think..

Bob