[aprssig] D700A TNC Problems????

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Sep 15 11:44:47 EDT 2007

Ken K9FV wrote...

> It just clicked, If I put W4IAX-7,WIDE2-2 in my path, would it then FORCE
> W4IAX to be the first digi? All others would ignore the packet until
> W4IAX-7 did the first digi? Then IF I made it to findu.com I could be sure
> that W4IAX-7 had received my packet... Is that correct?

Ye, paths are used sequentially... unless something like something like
DIGI_NED modifies your path for you hi! In which case, the same rule
applies... the path is used sequentially as specified by DIGI_NED. I've got
to agree with Bob on that one - unless we move to NSR. I understand and
condone trapping of abusive paths, but not modifying them.

The choice is yours. Use a generic path and it "should" work everywhere, Use
a specific digi in your path and your beacon will only be propagated if that
specific digi hears you. What is the right thing to do depends on whether
you are experimenting with a particular digi or trying to optimize your
settings. For most places in North America, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 is the best path
to use and a three hop path is QRM... depending on the layout of the digis
and density of APRS use where you live.

www.db0anf.de/app/aprs/stations/digiusage-K9FV
It looks like you have two digis almost the same distance from you off in
the same general direction.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH