[aprssig] Old Digi_Ned Refurb

Steve Jones steve.jones at rogers.com
Fri Sep 14 18:46:12 EDT 2007

> To be reliable on
> demand, APRS must have consistent performance expectations for
> users and not be at the whim of each digi owner to be changing
> the intent of the sender,

But what if the intent of the sender isn't compatible with the new
paradigm?

I'm one of those draconian node ops who takes paths greater then
WIDE3-3 and rewrites them so they fit the new paradigm.

I also take the old RELAY and TRACE paths and convert them into
something more appropriate.

Anything else that conforms is left alone.

I'd rather give somebody who's not quite figured out the new paradigm
out yet a shot at getting into the network rather then just dropping
their packets.

Digi_Ned is great for modifying non-compliant paths.

--
Steve <steve.jones at rogers.com>