[aprssig] D710 (Users AND Experimenters)

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 10 17:50:35 EDT 2007

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Cap Pennell wrote:

> Still, despite repeated asking from several "users and experimenters",
> nobody has answered the question about whether the D710 will do KISS mode
> okay or will not.
>
> We have heard it won't do smart-beaconing, and TXDelay is adjustable, but
> what about KISS mode?

I heard this weekend at the APRS Summer Gathering that the new one
had a buffer of 2048 bytes?  If true that means the earlier
less-than-256-byte-packet restriction might be gone, but it still
won't do seven 1024-byte TCP/IP packets in a row.

At the moment though, consider the 2048 byte rumor to be just
hearsay until we get an authoritive response from someone who's
tried it.