[aprssig] A test for APRS in some lessor traveled Western areas

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Sat Sep 8 16:58:44 EDT 2007

There is no operational difference between WIDE3-1 and WIDE2-1.  Any
differences noted from running a route one way and then back (with only that
path change) will result from comparative mobile antenna radiation patterns,
rather than from any difference between WIDE3-1 and WIDE2-1.

Again, our routine standard mobile path of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 is almost always
best for all concerned (or affected).

How important is the mobile station's track detail?  To whom?  At what cost
to the VHF network we must share?  For how long?

Conservative digipath and transmission interval settings are friendly
settings.
73, Cap