[aprssig] ON TOPIC: aprs sound track

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Sep 6 11:54:54 EDT 2007

No, I thought about it but never got around to it.  I thought a lot of
ATV'ers used a separate FM voice channel for reliability, though.

I was going to use a magnetic compass, too, but mounted to a paintball
gun with a mic to detect firing.  I was already running around the field
with a helmet-mounted camera and 1-watt ATV transmitter, and the idea
was to equip players so that you'd be able to watch a live display (and
replay after the fact) of where the players were and where they were
shooting.

It'd be amusing to see exactly how the two elements of the same team
wound up facing each other from opposing tree lines, and how many rounds
they fired at each other before they figured out that the enemy was
nowhere in sight!  At least I got some good video of that.

Scott
N1VG