[aprssig] TM-D710 Tune and Voice Object

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Sep 4 20:07:30 EDT 2007

Michael VK5ZEA wrote...

> What do you mean "most of the rest of the world"?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system

Good article there! I'm all for standardization - including in APRS. Many in
the US would be happy if "the rest of the world" bought into the "new" path
settings currently being recommended in North America. Perhaps at least
amateurs in the US will realize the beauty of simplicity and opt to start
using metric units for APRS as well. It's just a matter of time before they
realize the economic benefits of converting. As everywhere else, there will
be some "growing pains" in the switch, but there's a huge economic advantage
in not having to tool everything using two different standards. If they want
to continue trading with the rest of the world, they will eventually change
over. It might even happen in my lifetime - hi!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH