[aprssig] TM-D710 Tune and Voice Object

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Sep 4 09:16:18 EDT 2007

> > We were trying to find the best format to display
> > everything on the D7, D700, D710 and HAMhud mobile
> > radio displays and that also would not word-wrap
> > in the middle of fields.  So Rxxm is what we came
> > up with for range...
>
> Is that acceptable to use also Rxxk for kilometers?

Yes, that was the intent:

Tnnn for CTCSS tone
Dnnn for DCS code
Rxxm for miles
Rxxk for kilometers

We came up with RXXm instead of RXXM for miles since it it a
little more eye-friendly when glancing from the road to the
display.  The RXXM all kind of runs together whereas the RXXm
stands out slightly.  And so it seemed a little more
ergonomic...

Bob, WB4APR