[aprssig] Motorcycle mobile

Ken H> sailingtoo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 22:53:04 EDT 2007

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask this question, but here goes.

I am running a D700A, just got it installed on the bike tonight.  It
transmitted just fine and I show up on findu.com (k9fv-1) - There are
several icons to select from in the D700A - is there any way to add a
motorcycle icon?  There is a bicycle and several type of mobile, but I
didn't see a motorcycle - did I miss it?  Any suggestions of what icon
to use for a motorcycle - bicycle?  Car mobile??

I selected a car icon for now.  Also, I have used K9FV-1.  I
understand some of the -# are for special uses: mobile, balloons, etc.
 Is there some special number I should be using after my call sign to
indicate a motorcycle or mobile?

Thanks for any input and suggestions - polite ones {grinning}

73 de Ken H.
K9FV