[aprssig] TM-D710 Tune and Voice Object

Andy AB9FX ab9fx at aprs.pl
Sun Sep 2 15:48:23 EDT 2007

Playing with my new toy D710 I was surprised that the Tune function works not only for QRG in the comment field (the format is like 446.000MHz) but it works as well for QRG in the object name promoted by Bob WB4APR for Voice Repeaters. Either way D710 can be automatically tuned up to the frequency from comment field or from the object name. Whatever is available.

So I did some test thinking about updates for one of our repeaters. What information takes priority?

I've prepared string as:

;145.787-G*111111z5258.52N/01650.93Er439.500MHz T233.6Hz cross-band Gontyniec SR3TK

One frequency of our cross-band repeater is in the object name, another in the comment field.

Receiving object by D710 I used the Tune button, radio was QSY to the 439.500 i.e. to the comment field frequency.

73

Andy AB9FX SP3LYR