[aprssig] Some messaging help please?

Michael J. Wolthuis wolthui3 at msu.edu
Sat Nov 24 23:15:28 EST 2007

I seem to have a problem sending and/or receiving messages possibly, but I
am not sure where my issue lies.  I am looking for some assistance.

I am running two stations (KB8ZGL-3 office, KB8ZGL-4 home).

It seems I can not send messages to stations via the IGATE from either of
them or to each other.  They both connect to the KB8ZGL-JS igate
(Michigan.aprs.net on 10152 Full APRS-IS feed).

What tipped me off is I used to see messages I sent to others via the IGATE
come up on FINDU, but if I look at http://map.findu.com/kb8zgl* I see NO
messages to any of my stations.

I am trying to send some messages, anyone have a clue what I have wrong?  If
you are so inclined, maybe pop KB8ZGL-3 or KB8ZGL-4 a test message and maybe
we will see if I get them from the IGATE.

Note, neither of the stations involved have a real RF presence.

Mike

Kb8zgl