[aprssig] Simulated Emergency Test via Satellite 50% status report.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Nov 9 21:56:19 EST 2007

This weekend should be good for getting your Satellite -
Simulated Emergecny Test message through.  See
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/sset.html.  PCSAT is half way
through its 2 week long Fall full-ops period.

Last weekend, we saw over 75 users per 24 hour period who
exchanged about 250 messages a day plus 23 SSET emails.  Then
during the week, this tapered to about 50 a day with 15 more
SSET emails and 3 via ISS.  PCSAT is coming up in the late
afternoon now in the Northern Hemisphere. See live user downlink
on http://pcsat.aprs.org .

It is easy to send a Satelite Emergenncy Email without any
special hardware or software other than a TNC (or soundcard
software).  Just set your outoing Email in your Btext and set
BEACON to once a minute.  Enable it in the afternoon between
about 1400 to 1800 local standard time in the USA (or 5 to 9
AM).  Set on 145.825 using a digi path of UNPROTO APRS VIA
WIDE2-2 at 1200 baud.

Or just set your Kenwood D7 or D700 to send the message
automatically from the front panel.

Check your email after that time period and see if you got the
message.  The format is in the above SSET web page.  If you've
done it via PCSAT, and or ISS, then try it via GO-32 at 9600
baud.  Though you can do that at your leisure after PCSAT dies
again and GO32 then is the only reliable bird.  See
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/GO32-ops.html

Bob, WB4APR