[aprssig] WIDE4-4 comments

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Nov 8 16:13:50 EST 2007

At 14:10 11/8/2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, Earl Needham wrote:
> >          Where are you located, Cap?  There are a few places in New
> > Mexico where the extra hops are necessary, and quite a few where no
> > amount of hops will get you to another live op.
>
>Yea but...
>
>If the digi's were beaconing to NM4-4 instead of WIDE4-4, at least
>the long paths would be contained within the state, right?
>
>Same for mobiles, if they mostly ran around within the state, they
>could run NM4-4 or even NM7-7 for that matter.  Are your digi's set
>up for that?

         I think they are, but I'm gone so much that I rarely think to try it.

         I figured I would take a look at some on Findu, but
<http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find-us.cgi?call=blkwtr> is just giving
me a blank page.  Maybe we can check out their beacons a little later.

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk