[aprssig] WIDE4-4 comments

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Nov 8 16:05:55 EST 2007

At 13:58 11/8/2007, Cap Pennell wrote:
>I'd suggest courteous modern ops could set WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 mobile (here too,
>as elsewhere) and do as well, just fine.  Why join our too-self-absorbed
>"spammers"?
>73, Cap

         Where are you located, Cap?  There are a few places in New
Mexico where the extra hops are necessary, and quite a few where no
amount of hops will get you to another live op.  We might want to do
a detailed analysis of the whole state before calling somebody a
"too-self-absorbed spammer".

         We've had this discussion before, more than once, and the
general idea is that people in the big cities all think they know
better that WE do how to operate our stations out in the sticks.

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk