[aprssig] Re: Puxing PX-777

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Nov 6 21:00:12 EST 2007

Not 'reverse SMA' like WiFi, just opposite - male on the radio, female
on the antenna.  Apparently some Motorolas are the same way.

I'm really happy with the PX-777 so far.  I haven't gone through all of
the features, but it compares favorably with the VX-150.  The audio
output is good, and I'd read some reviews that said the mic wasn't
great, but it sounds good to me.

I need to do some battery life tests.  The standard 1200 mAh battery is
about the same size as the VX-150's 700 mAh battery and weighs a lot less.

And this, by the way, is why you haven't seen the PX-777 marketed as
such in the US:

http://www.infinitygearradios.com/product_P-1000V.htm

They've got an exclusive distribution agreement, and they're sold under
the Infinity brand for about $230.

Scott
N1VG