[aprssig] PCSAT-1 Load Management over Europe NOW

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Nov 6 17:17:22 EST 2007

PCSAT had reset this afternoon at 2147z over the North pacific
approaching california.  Presumably it was lightly loaded.

Therefore we are setting NOW, the WIDEn-N path which limits
duplicate packets to only one per minute.  Please limit your
packets to limit the load on PCSAT.  Still send your Satelite
Simulated Emergency Test email and make contacts, but lighten up
over the peak load over Europe.

PCSAT PATH is now VIA WIDEn-N (use either WIDE1-1 or WIDE2-2).

We had hoped to hold off on this until 8 Nov (Half way through
the full sun period).  But it will be better to do it now to
save PCSAT>

Enjoy.
Bob, WB4APR
Naval Academy Satellite Lab

Bruninga
> Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 2:39 PM
> To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'

users
> that are using a rate that is too high.  We will turn OFF all
> RELAY, WIDE, ARISS and APRSAT digipeating. We will turn on
ONLY
> WIDEn-N digipeating because it has a built-in dupe elimination
> filter.
>
> Users will only be allowed to send the same packet once a
> minute.
>
> Althought this will help protect PCSAT-1 from overload,
> initially, it will make throughput less since those same
people