[aprssig] Voice Repeater Frequency SPec

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Nov 5 11:25:34 EST 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> OK, the APRS Frequency spec has been updated.
>
> In addition to the existing Tnnn, Dnnn, these were added:
>
> 1750 and NoPL.
>
> http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html
> http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/freqspec.txt
>
> And if you have no PL and no tone, then those 4 bytes may be
> used for other purposes.

Really 5 bytes, 'cuz you need a leading space (and a following space
if more text follows on the line) for proper decoding.  If the
"T123" is run right up against the end of the preceding text to save
some bytes, some software will likely pass it over.

On both of the web pages you show a leading space.  Let's hope
people don't forget to use it.