[aprssig] Voice Repeater NO-TONE

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Nov 5 09:05:38 EST 2007

> What about repeaters which are not depending
> upon a continous subtone, but "opened" with
> a 1750 Hz tone burst?

Good question.  One suggestion is to just put "1725" in place of Tnnn.  Those 4 digits are unique enough and everyone that uses them are familiiar with them, so if they see "1725" I assume there would be no confusion?

Especially since we are establishing this as a standard, people will eventually learn that a voice repeater will have one of these 4 items: Tnnn, Dnnn, NoPL, or 1725, or nothing.  Are there any other tones in Europe besides the 1725 start-up?
Bob