[aprssig] Voice Repeater NO-TONE ... More musings

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 20:59:51 EST 2007

--- I wrote:

> > I was trying to think of a good "Carrier" abbr.
> > TCar came to mind, but didn't cut the mustard.

Bob continued:
> Hey you are right.  We used to call it COR for Carrier Operated Relay.  So
> maybe put COR. instead of T###
> Thanks for the hint.  Ill try to  update my pages this week...

 Interesting, but...
 Note your words:  "We used to call it..."
  I didn't think of that one, but I think that is too obscure for the "common
Ham".  I'm not being condescending.  It's kinda' techie.  Repeater *builders*
[hardware-types] may know what COR is, but I don't think the average ham does.
I still think Tnil is quite intuitive --- given the Txxx paradigm; which feels
pretty comfortable.
  I like intuitive whenever possible, but intuitive depends on a common
experience base of all those affected.  What is intuitive doesn't come
naturally, it is based on a common expierence base.

   I think I may have considered "Carr", but didn't put it in the email.  That
seems moderately intuitive to me as well.

Another $0.02
73, Steve, K9DCI