[aprssig] Programming my Kenwood TH-D7AG for ISS Packet??

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Nov 2 20:27:13 EDT 2007

> Since Kenwood has free software for programming radios,
> would it not be a good idea to have some sample
> configuration files loaded up on your web site?

I don't thik so.  Configuring for APRS is really very simple.
Just set your callsign, and your path.  That is all there is to
it.  There are so many things you can do with APRS that usually
one answer is not right for everyone.  Much easier just to learn
how to set your path.

Once you can do that, then you can do anything with APRS  I
guess... Eventuallly,,,

Use WIDE2-2 on the ground.  Use the path of ARISS via the
satellites.  Use via 4XTECH via GO32...

Bob

> gerheim at cox.net wrote:
> > BTW, if you _do_ have to do APRS with split freq, it's
> probably easier to program a non-standard split and use band
> A than to use A/B duplex.
> >
> > Outside of GO-32, I think the whole shootin' match will be
> on 144.39 or 145.825.
> >
> > I set the path to ARISS, SATGATE, WIDE, then add or delete
> the "WIDE3-3" at the beginning.  It saves typing.

> >> No, ARISS is currently on 145.825 up and down.  So set for
TX/RX
> >> both on band A and set A to 145.825.

> >> The menu item APRS-PACKET_PATH set it to ARISS.

> >> Add it to the beginning as "*, " or on the end as ",*".
Without