[aprssig] telnet client

'Scott Miller' scott at opentrac.org
Sat Mar 31 23:44:24 EDT 2007

There is.  I used to use it all the time.  It'll do exactly what you're
talking about.  It's worth noting that there's a difference between a raw
TCP connection and a telnet connection, though.  Telnet will do some
negotiation (using WILL/WONT/DO/DONT tokens) for terminal parameters and
such.  However, if it fails, it doesn't care - it'll always fall back to a
dumb 'network virtual terminal'.  So you can use Netcat to connect to a
telnet server, though as I recall you can't be sure a telnet client won't
send some extraneous bytes when you connect to something non-telnet with it.

But yeah, netcat's what you want.
http://www.vulnwatch.org/netcat/nc111nt.zip.  Be warned, Norton Antivirus
may try to block it as a hacking tool.  Which it can be, but the same goes
for ping.

Scott
N1VG