[aprssig] APRS -- Chicago to Mackinac Island sailboat race

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 27 18:59:55 EDT 2007

HI,
Did we converse in the past like last year about the mini form factor layout of your computer and the automatic nav system?  We may have covered this before.  It sounds very familiar.  You advised me on the computer and sources for getting parts to build one like it.

If not, someone else has something very similar to you in their boat.

What I was refering to is the Kenwood rigs that don't have to have any hand holding to operate.  I didnt' know or remember from our previous contact that you were running APRS over HF.  I made an assumption that you were running VHF and I was thinking that you were putting much more into this than you needed to.  I just let my D700 or THD7 take GPS data and let them run automatically over VHF.  Apparently you have made very detailed plans.  I didn't mean to make your adventure any more troublesome than it already may be.

If I can ask one question that you already may have stated in your first post, what are the dates for the Lake races and are you going to make both Chicago to Mack and then the other from Mack to Port Huron(or is it the other way around)?

Thanks,
Chris
Midland, MI
KB8UIH