[aprssig] mobile antenna for D7?

'Scott Miller' scott at opentrac.org
Wed Mar 14 15:59:29 EDT 2007

I wasn't aware of the D7 issue, but I know the Alinco DR-135 tends to get
some noise on the speaker from the GPS serial data.  There's definitely some
crosstalk going on.

Don't forget that even with low-speed serial data, you can have fast slew
rates.  A MAX232 will slew from -6 volts to +6 volts in about 1 microsecond.
I wonder if adding some capacitance to the line would help... just dampen
the slew rate out until it's just good enough for the RS-232 receiver in the
radio to work reliably.

Scott
N1VG