[aprssig] digined, igate, wrt54gs

Chris Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Mon Mar 12 00:22:58 EDT 2007

after collecting bits and pieces for a year or so, I finally got started
on my digined/igate/wrt54gs project.

I used Rod Whitby's instructions to add serial ports:
	http://www.rwhitby.net/projects/wrt54gs
I found the errata that helps get the second serial port going:
	http://wiki.openwrt.org/MiniHowtos
I found the digi_ned package for OpenWRT:
	http://db0fhn-i.ampr.org/wrt54gs/

I'm now looking for example digi_ned configs *and* hints about the
plumbing required to make an igate work on this. I had thought that
digi_ned supported igate functionality natively, but it seems that's
not true ... that there is some additional plumbing required (kissnetd?
kissattach? are these even built for the WRT?)

I'm planning to use a KISS TNC (N1VG's tracker2) to a repurposed
MT500 or IC-27H.

I figured that someone else would have this running by now, but
if they do, it's not written up. So I'm taking notes.

73 de chris K6DBG