[aprssig] Need Archive of APRS Station Position w/ Timestamp

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Mar 8 22:05:36 EST 2007

AJ3U wrote...

> Thanks for the reply. That is okay for the last packet received, but
> I need something from two days ago when the accident occurred.

You could run the findu log converter in UI-View. It retrieves the data from
findu.com and saves it in a log file which can be played back in UI-View.
The data may or may not be accepted in court, but it certainly can't hurt to
get the data and have it ready. At face value, it would indicate position,
speed, and direction of travel for every log entry. What's your friend's
callsign-SSID?

Reminds me of the time years ago when I came around a corner and ploughed
into a car that was parked on the driven portion of the road. With oncoming
traffic, I couldn't go around him, so I opted to steer into the snow bank.
This slowed me down pretty quick, but I still hit the parked car. He claimed
that I was speeding and had passed him about 50 km earlier. If I had passed
him, I would have been in front of him! As well, as parking just past a
curve in the road, he said his reason for stopping was to put on a football
helmet and take some cold medication. The other guy got 100% of the blame,
but it would have been nice to have had APRS back then to see if the "black
box" would be accepted to prove that I wasn't speeding though.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH