[aprssig] RE: [nwaprssig] Balloon Tracks on Google Earth

'Scott Miller' scott at opentrac.org
Tue Mar 6 17:23:09 EST 2007

> Now for the punch line, has anyone worked on getting the live
> APRS data to
> show up on a current Google Earth map?  This sure would be
> the cat's meow of
> playing APRS even though you need a high speed internet feed
> to play with
> it.  Sure would be a neat feature though.

Yep.  Aprskml does that now.  I also wrote my own ASP.Net interface, but
it's still pretty rough and the parser is offline at the moment.  There are
some quirks, though.  Every time the objects refresh, it acts like the
object you were looking at was destroyed.  Makes it hard to get data out of
a pop-up balloon if there's any sort of rapid refresh rate.

Scott
N1VG