[aprssig] D7's,D700's and TinyTrak (Rod,VE1BSK)

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 15:46:38 EST 2007

Rod,
    Where there's a will...
    Another idea FWIW.  Would probably require an additional 555 timer, but...
     The top row of buttons on the D700 Mic are hardware inputs to the radio.   I use the one set
to BCON to force a skwawk when I want.  The radio skwawks when BCON is first turned on.  The TT
could be interfaced there also.   The correct resistor value is needed.
 Set one of these mic buttons to the BCON function ( I don't recall if that is one of the defaults
or a custom setting) , then have the TT turn on BCON when it needs to skwawk -- then shortly
after, turn it off (the 555's job).
73, Steve, K9DCI