[aprssig] Re:All APRS Digipeaters In The World (Almost!) Mapped On UIview

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Mar 2 15:37:47 EST 2007

Phillip wrote:

>Hi,
>
>     Well done Stephen..
>

>FYI NZ has far more digis than shown.
>

>Many NZ station act as a Gateway / Node / Digi but would in most cases use
>either Gateway or Node with a few dedicated Digi. These stations are mainly
>owner operator with a few club operated digis.
>

>The problem is that there is no Multi Task symbol for the station that does
>all 3 things Gateway / Node / Digi etc Maybe a Multi Task symbol could be
>produced :-)
>

>In reflection your Map of NZ would be missing over 2/3rds of the available
>APRS Digis available to users.
>

>This could also be a problem for your WW map as you only collected data with
>a STAR Symbol, others around the world may be doing the same, and using a
>symbol that reflects there primary use only.
>

>73 Phillip
>
>ZL2TZE
>

>Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

I endorsed Philip's suggestion for a symbol that would resemble the
contents of a Sardine tin (lots crammed in!).

At the one location I run ..

BBS (VK2TV)
Node (VK2TV-1)
Digi (VK2TV-10)
Igate (VK2TV-4)
UIView (VK2TV-5)

I didn't appear on Steven's map because DigiNed wasn't beaconing, I was
allowing Xastir to do that. However, I can see some sense in allowing
beacons from the digi. BTW, I'm the northern-most APRS station in VK2,
being some 300km south of the next station to the north of me, in VK4.

Ray vk2tv