[aprssig] APRS-compatible GPS'es

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 28 19:10:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Please review the Wiki pages here:
>
>     <http://info.aprs.net>
>         Hardware ->  APRS Compatible GPS Units

> Please check my work and add to the Wiki as you can.  Thanks!

Since I switched to the table format, editing isn't as easy.

If you don't want to edit the table, add the info below the table in
text format and somebody will move the info to the table later.

The important thing is to capture the info.

Please, anyone who has additional information on which GPS'es work
well for APRS, please add it to those three pages.  Otherwise we'll
be doomed to seeing the same questions asked year after year on the
SIG!

I'm trying to decide how to word this exactly:  Should we have an
area for USB-only GPS devices?  My personal preference is no, as
they have limited use for APRS, but others may have differing
opinions on this.