[aprssig] APRS Field Day ARRL Section calls!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 22 10:33:22 EDT 2007

Another way to easily get your ARRL section on the map and to
guarantee you can get incoming traffic is as follows:

1) Switch your D700 or D7 callsign to SSS-x for your ARRL
section.
2) Choose unused -x by doing http://map.findu.com/SSS*
3) Add SSS-x to your FD station MESSAGE GROUP

Leave your car to beacon once every 30 minutes.  Then operate FD
from your portable station with its own call, but it will see
all the incoming message traffic for the SSS-x callsign!  This
way, you don't have to fuss with doing it as an OBJECT.

Bob, Wb4APR

Bruninga