[aprssig] APRS Network Consistent Operations

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Jun 21 20:29:28 EDT 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 5:48 PM, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> Digipeaters should (almost) never beacon more than DIRECT.

I disagree.  They probably shouldn't beacon for very many hops, and
certainly not very often, but it's important to know about the digis
so you can get an idea of what the network infrastructure is like in
your area (and an idea of how far your packet will travel with a
given path).

> But, really, I don't need or want to see your digi advertised on my
> mobile 500 miles away ... and I often see them from even farther away!

I think there's probably a happy medium between this extreme and
direct only. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv