[aprssig] Symbol Hierarchy

Richard Sharp, KQ4KX kq4kx at arrl.net
Sun Jun 17 15:04:57 EDT 2007

Something I discovered with a digi/weather station setup is that for the
weather data to be decoded by client software or findu.com etc. it must have
the weather icon.  I've been letting the digi send its icon every ten
minutes and the weather station sends a weather icon with its transmission.
The only problem I see is if the digi is the latest transmission the client
software won't show -any- weather data for that station until the next
weather payload transmission.

I think I'm going to integrate the digi parameters (PHG, W3, etc.) into the
payload of the weather transmission with an 'S' overlay digi icon.  It makes
for a bit longer packet but at least everything will be there.

Richard