[aprssig] speaking of aprs....

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jun 11 20:46:59 EDT 2007

> We used this database in a NDMS drill last month
> and the hospitals loved being able to see the
> patient's conditions before they arrived..

Actally, that was the original inspiration for APRS back in 1986 time frame, also for a National Disaster Medical System exercise in Wash DC for mass casualties.  The idea was typing in the 5 number code for each triage patient from everywhere (hence the need for a connectionless protocol).  It was written for the commodore 64...

So everyone could see the data live.

Bob, wb4apr